You'd think I know my blog ettiquette by now, but I do forget. Sorry for disappearing for so long. I should have given a warning. I was really not "into" coloring for awhile. I was trying to do some soul searching and suddenly my mojo just went away, kaput! Then of course life got in the way, and I went through some rough times...naturally blogging and coloring wasn't in my list of priorities anymore. I'm back for a bit here/there. I won't be on any DT's because I want to just relax and have fun without deadlines. I will also take off my "followers" widget. I think it's time I focus on the fun aspect of this hobby and not so much on how many are visiting me, etc. I want to apply to challenges once in awhile. So I hope you visit me time to time regardless. I will give way stamps now and again, because I still have TONS in my stash.
Speaking of which, let's announce winner!
For my April Blog Candy, the winner is: 470. Rosemary B. !!! (please email me at paperinkcolor@gmail.com, subject WINNER APRIL BLOG CANDY) so I won't miss your email.
I'm cancelling the drawing for the April 25th giveway, only because I'm sending it back due to my dropping out of my current DT's. I didn't think it was right to keep it when I haven't design with it. I promise I will have another drawing to replace that one this week.
37 comments:
Don´t worry for a moment, we didn´t come here because of your DT work or anything, but simply because we like your own work and like what you had to show us and could get some great ideas from it. I sure don´t blame you, as we all have life getting in the way now and then, and it must be the most important, that YOU´re feeling okay and having fun with what you´re doing, and I for one, sure hope, you´ll get your mojo back as I love to see your awesome creations here, but only when you feel up to it hun okay?
Just take all the time you need and relax and havae some fun, then I´m sure, it´ll all come back to you again, as there´s nothing like crafting, that can make you feel good, as long as it´s just fun.
Have a wonderful time ahead hun and just take care okay?
Biiiig warm hugs Maryann
Hi Chrissy, hope all's well with you. I agree with you that crafting should be fun with no pressures. I don't think you could ever lose your Mojo but I hope you do find the time to craft again because you are really a great inspiration and I've learned a lot from your videos! Take care and hope to see you color again soon!
VEEEEERY Happy to know that you are Okay!!! :o)... I was a bit worried for you!..
I don`t like deadlines either... so I understand you very well!...
Keep up the good work... Designing Beautiful Cards.... You will always be one of my Favourites!! I will keep my eyes open... for New Designs from you!!.. And most important... HAVE FUN! :o)
I echo everything the other ladies said. I am so glad to see you back!
Oh Chrissy,
It's fantastic to hear from you again!
I really understand your decision!
Just enjoy your crafting time - when ever you like to!
hugs
eni
So pleased to see you back. You are right, crafting should be fun and deadlines are sometimes too much pressure. I love your work and you give me great inspiration so please do not think I follow just for your DT work - simply not true.
Take care, have fun and HAPPY crafting :0) xx
Nice to see you back Chrissy.
I've often thought that being on a DT or two can send my mojo off and running so can see where your coming from.
Anne x
Don't feel bad, glad you are o.k. I completely understand soul searching :O) It must be in the water, weather, something ??? I've had my share too, so you are not the lone ranger. I have just really started to make cards again too...Big Hugs! Leah Ann
Life is too short and too busy to stress over the fun things. Do what you enjoy and let the rest take care of itself!
Just take care of yourself and have fun! :D
Lovely to see you back online! Don't worry about your followers, take a break as long as you like, crafting really shouldn't be made an obligation...takes the fun out of it!
Take care now and I'll be watching this space in case you're back again with new stuff ;)
It's a shame when this hobby we love takes over isn't it!!! You've done the right thing sit back and find the fun again.....enjoy family time without deadlines to meet your true followers will follow you anyway!
BREAK...sounds great !!Isn't it!!! I know how you're feeling... sometimes I think the same. What started as hobby becomes a full-time job...too many deadlines lead to chaos!!
Enjoy your break...create whenever you feel like not because you've to.
Take care!
good for you! I only admire your decision and think it's excellent to see someone show balance and scale back to put the emphasis on what really matters.
congrats
Take care Chrissy!
Crafting is a hobby and a hobby has to be fun Chrissy, I am with you all the way! Judy x
Sometimes it's nice to sit back and remember why we got into crafting in the first place and 9/10 it's because we love it.
So glad you found a purpose again as I think most people visit your blog because of your fantastic talent and not for your give-aways.
Hope to see more fabulous work from you soon and keep smiling.
Hugs, Mette
Good for you Chrissy..Crafting should be fun. I know even when I am a guest designer, it freaks me out :). Because I have to come up with something..
hiya sweetie
i totaly understand you
life comes first the crafting but with fun, and having no mojo, we all have that hunni
take all the time you need for a card and not with commitments
congrats to the winner
hugs angelique
Since my father's passing 3 weeks ago, my mojo has totally disappeared and the joy and excitement I once felt for crafting is gone too (for now. Pleased to hear you're well though and we love seeing your work and will always pop around for a visit. hugs from across the miles, Sharon x
Glad you're back and feeling better with yourself. You're so right, it's just a hobby and not a profession, it should be about fun only.
Looking forward to your beautiful cards again, no hurry ;)!
Anita
I think the others have said it all!
WELCOME BACK!
Judi xx
Super glad to see you back!!! With all the disaster hitting the US now, I thought maybe your house had been tornado'd or something! Super excited to see your next project.
Hugs,
Wendy
felice di risentirti spero che ogni cosa sia risolta al meglio e congratulazioni alla vincitrice aspettiamo nuove ciao
Glad all is well with you. Sure hope to visit you often.
Take your time and relax, enjoy just creating when you want to. hope life gets better soon
Tilly
Take time to yourself Sweetie!! You know what is best for YOU!!! We will always understand:)
Love to you and your family
Hi Sweetie....Just want to say....that I know how you feel. I think we all come to a moment where there is just no fun in making anything. But that's okay Take your time and you will see it come's back to you. Don't force it. But glad you are alright.
Hugs Jolanda
Take care of yourself and refind the joy to make something, That is the most important!
Debby
Hi Chrissy, crafting should be fun and not a commitment, we tend to have plenty of those!! I actuallly quit my DT post also for lack of time. I want to craft when I feel like it, not when I'm obliged to do so. So no worries, your followers will keep coming back, I know I will. Hugs, Frea
Hi Chrissy - Soooo happy to see you and know that you are ok - boy, can I relate to what you said. I come to your site to enjoy your projects and creativity and be inspired. I found out a loooong time ago that if I sew, quilt, craft - whatever - and I have a deadline it takes all the joy out of it for me. Works great for some folks, not so for others. Isn't it wonderful that we belong to such a loving and caring community!!!! Have a wonderful week and I'll check back with you to be inspired! Hugs, Sharon :o)
Sounds like you have re-evaluated your priorities and that is a good thing. You do beautiful work - I know it will be more pleasurable for you if there are no deadlines and pressure.....can't wait to see this new mo-jo as it emerges in your creations.
Hi Chrissy,
We all have to stop and take stock sometimes. I hope to see your lovely creations still when you have the time and not tied to deadlines. Put the fun back in your crafting.
hugs
Marion
It's good to see you back Chrissy x
It's good to take a break from things and look forward to see what you create when your mojo is back.
hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com
was just worried about you glad you and the fam are OK! that's all that matters. glad to see ya posting. hugs!
I'm just glad that your ok!! I love your blog and your coloring techniques, I will always check in to see your wonderful work!!
Very happy to see you back. I admire your work and can relate to you words here. Why do we allow this to not be fun anymore. Keep creating.
Post a Comment