Welcome to the "Coloring Techniques for Card Making" Blog Hop! Today we wanted to introduce you to a brand new, must-have book that has been written to help shed some light on some of the hottest trends in coloring techniques in paper crafting today.
"Coloring Techniques for Card Making" features three of the most popular coloring techniques in card making today--water coloring, colored pencils and using alcohol-based ink markers. Each chapter showcases one particular technique and includes an introductions that will help you choose the products that are right for you, and will walk you through the steps to creating one of our featured projects. Easy-to-follow instructions, detailed materials lists and helpful coloring tips will make it easy for you to achieve stunning card-making results. As a bonus, enjoy a chapter that focuses on ways to highlight and accentuate your projects with products such as glitter and gel pens, shading techniques and methods for creating the look of texture with color.
![]() |
| This is one of my cards from the book "Pixie Thinking of You" page 15. I used many different elements,including Copics, Prismacolor Pencils, Stickles, and chalk. |
We are pleased that you have joined us for the hop! Be sure to leave a comment at each blog along the way to be entered for your chance to win a free copy of Coloring Techniques for Card
Making! (Hop closes Monday morning)
The designers who are participating in the blog hop are as follows:
Keri Lee Sereika
Debbie Olson
Jeanne Streiff
Trudy Sjolander
Asela Hopkins
Broni Holcombe
Kathy Menzies
Christine Okken
Dawn Lusk
Laurie Wilson
Sherrie Siemens
Chrissy Le (me)











177 comments:
such a cute card and beautiful coloring. thanks for a chance to win and the inspiration.
Wow! Very nice. I really like your card. Thanks and congrats on the book.
Wonderful card, this book will inspire lots of people to do more colouring.
Congrats Chrissy! What an honor! LOVE the card.
Beautiful dainty card. Your colouring is awesome, no wonder you were published, well deserved!
Cute card; love all the layers. Great choice of colors.
Love your beautiful card.
The book sounds as though it covers quite a few techniques... sounds really great.
The book sounds like something I need. Your card is fabulous.
Your coloring has such a beautiful depth to it that I just love Chrissy! Gorgeous projects, and my daughter and I especially loved this one!
Congratulations! A real joy to be in the book with you!
Such a cute card! What a fantastic prize to be won! Thanks for the chance!
Stunning Card! Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
How Sweet Crissy!!! Congratulations I a so happy for you.
Wow thanks for the chance to win a book! wonderful card!
congrats hun
i love the way you color
hugs angelique
Beautiful card Chrissy!
Isn't this fun!!!?
Hugs,
True :D
Congrats girl!! Finally we can shout it out!! LOL!! So happy to have worked again with you, loooove the card!!
hugs!
wow what a great news. I am happy to hear.
As always your card is coloured amaizngly beautiful.
I really will make an order to see your tutorials.
Congratulations! With your talent I can see why you were invited to contribute to the book. Your art is stunningly beautiful!
Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!!
I cant wait to see this book in person!!!
Have a GREAT day!
This is just breathtaking and so inspiring. I really love the layers, texture and your coloring is amazing. I'm crossing my fingers for this awesome book. I need all the help I can get.
Ijust love fairies and pixies! The wings are fantastic. You are among the best company, and you all did a terrific job! Thanks for sharing. It's a must have book!
Can't wait to see the book in person. Hope to win. Congrats on your entry. really lovely. Thanks
You chose an ADORABLE image and colored it to absolute perfection!
Last on the hop, but certainly not least! Your card is adorable and has so much dimension! I want this book! Blessings.
Congrats, Chrissy! How exciting! Your card is beautiful and of course fabulous coloring! TFS!
What a beautiful card! Congratulations on being in the book - I can't wait to see it!
OH MY GOOMIE! CHRISSY! congratulations girlie! this is FANTASTIC and so exciting! of course you're a shoe-in for a book like this. you're prolly my favourite colourer EVER!
ooh, I love pixies and fairies! So very cute!
Love the card and the idea for the book. Actually, I have been making cards for ab out 3 months and paint the picture element with aqua pencils but when I am looking the other maker's cards I can definitely see the difference. I've been wondering about the way and the materials they use but never asked. So thanks for the chance to learn these techniques! :)
Yes!! I would love a tutorial on the mineral spirits smearing technique! Thanks so much for replying. And low and behold I stumbled onto a blog hop! Congrats on your inclusion in the book - looks awesome!
Very pretty card. TFS.
Thank you for sharing. You card is beautiful. Can' t wait to see more.
Beautiful card! I've really enjoyed this blog hop and the new book looks great!
what a beautiful card. thanks for sharing.
Adorable card and gorgeous coloring!! Congratulations on being a featured artist in this new book!
What a darling card! And a beautiful coloring job too!
Love the whimsical look! Gotta love the bling too! Great card!
Love the pixie and coloring!Awesome!
Fantastische kaart.
Groet,Marian
Your card is soooo cute. I can't wait to read all the details of your technique.
Beautiful card! Can't wait to see the book. TFS!
the pleats on the skirt look like I could touch them and feel the ruffles. I am anxious to see the book so I can check out your techniques.
Congratulations on your wonderful contribution to a great book!
What a darling image and your coloring is wonderful! Congratulations on being included in this publication!
whim6915
What a lovely card, Chrissy. Congratulations on being published in this great new book!
Congratulations for being in the book twice. I would really like to know how to make stickles work for me, rather than me working to clean up messes!
Thank you for having this hop... and I love your card!
He IS Able,
Traci S.
You did a beautiful job coloring this card. (It makes me want to come "color" with you....so that I could learn how to do it like yours) :) Congrats on being published in this great technique/idea book.
Congratulations Chrissy, your card is beautiful
Jackie :)
Congratulations Chrissy, your card is beautiful
Jackie :)
What a super precious card!!! I love the image and all of the embossing on the card. Perfect all the way around. :) Congrats on the book!!
Congrats! Beautiful work.
I would love to win a copy of this book. Thank you for the inspiration and chance to win :).
What a wonderful card thanks for sharing
Such a cute card, and beautiful coloring. So excited about the book. Can't wait to get a copy!!
Gorgeous card! I cannot wait to get my hands on the book!
This is amazing book!
Your card is great!
Hugs!
Sandra!
Wow, what coloring! I love your work, and what a darling image with dramatic colors!
Your pixie is just beautiful & the butterflies look like they're flying right off the card.
Gorgeous card! I'm just starting out with Copics, and was wondering about the shading for mushrooms! Your colouring is really beautiful! This book sounds fab! Congratulations on being in the mag too!
Love this card! Your coloring and layout is perfect.
I can't wait to see all the cards/projects in the book. The samples we've seen so far have been fabulous.. Yours is no exception. I love the coloring.
TFS,
Barb S (FL)
wow! great card! No wonder you're in the book ;)
This is beautiful...love all the embossing on white for the bg. This allows the image to POP! but all gives your card lots of texture. TFS
what a cute and pretty card just love the fairies and the embossing makes everyting stand out and give the card great texturs
what a cute card!
adorable!
Sandra
This cards is adorable! It must have been so fun to color it. Congratulations and thanks for the chance to win this wonderful card.
What an amazing news flash . How ever did you keep the secret for so long?? Well done , congrats to you .
Thank you for chance to win the book
Love your card . I love white on white embossing bg and your image is so whimsical .
This work is lovely . . . I will have to get this book!
Beautiful work, I'll have to get this book.
what a fun image and I love how you colored it
Wow, your shading is amazing! Congrats on being published. TFS, Mary M
Congrats on the publication and can't wait to see more in the book. Your card is so sweet!
LOVE THE COLORS YOU CHOSE FOR YOUR FAIRY, YOUR WORK IS WONDERFUL
Such a sweet scene! I love the colours that you've chosen. Beautiful colouring. I can't wait to get the book to learn more about all of these techniques! Congratulations!
I've had this book on my Amazon wish list ... so fun to see so many of my "friends" featured.
Beautiful card. Really looking forward to getting this book and practicing some new techniques.
She looks like she's deep in thought. Wonder what she's thinking about?
R/
I love your card - this image is too cute! This looks like a fabulous book! A must have for sure!
Wow! Great coloring!
What an adorable card! Love the image - and I can't imagine using all of those different techniques to color it! Awesome! I can't figure one out yet! So - I need the book... lol!
Chrissy, Always love your beautiful work, this little fairy is no exception. I can't believe I am on DT's with two of the contributors!!!
Congratulations Chrissy your card is gorgeous!
I would love a copy of this book if only to see all these wonderful projects in one place! Fantastic!
count me in
Just snagged my first 10 copic markers... would love to get my hands on this book!! :)
Beautiful card. I really need this book.
This is a wonderful card. Perfect art and the design matches the sentiment so perfectly. Congratulations.
Sweet, sweet, sweet!!!
I love the card! I'm so excited for the book!
I've always loved this image. Your card is stunning. thanks for the chance.
What a very pretty card! Can't wait to see this badly needed book. *Ü*
Very cute. Lovely coloring.
Hermosos trabajos con excelente diseño y manejo del color.
Realmente me gustaron mucho. Felicitaciones.
Besos desde Argentina.
Congratulations! Your card is so sweet and the coloring is just beautiful.
So pretty! Thanks for being a part of the book- I'm looking forward to seeing it!
Cute card. Love the coloring.
Love the embossing and coloring. Congrats and God bless!
Peggy Allen
I love this card. Great job!
A contemplative fairy and colored beautifully. Congratulations.
So cute! I love your card. Congratulations on being included in a book that is TO DIE FOR! Elle
What a beautiful pensive pixie. Great colouring.
This card is so sweet. I am loving this pixie. Thank you so much for the chance to win this book.
Such a cute image. And it makes a beautiful card!
Very cute card
How wonderful that you used all those different elements. The card you did is darling and I can hardly wait to win the book! (How's that for thinking positively?)
BEAUTIFUL...MY fav card...I love fairies....PICK ME PICK ME...I would love the opportunity to win Coloring Techniques for Card Making
Wonderful card!! Congratulations on being part of such a FABULOUS book!
Hope you have a great weekend!
Hugs, Shannah
Gorgeous. I would love to learn hose to use Copics. I am really fond of my Prismacolor Pencils but I've never used them to such great effect.
What a wonderful card. Looks like a lot of wonderful ideas in the magazine. Can't wait to see it!
Darling card, and beautiful coloring. I can't wait to see this book!
Congrats Chrissy, that book looks great.
Cute card! I really like how you layered the shapes of the focal point!
WOW! Great card!
Thank you for a chance to win!
Congratulations! What an honor!
Your card is so sweet! And the coloring is wonderful!! Looking forward in getting this book! Congrats!
Love to win the book!
Super coloring and cut card!
Last but not the least.You ladfies have done a lovely job of creating.
Jocelan P
so cute, great colors you have chosen to color, neat layerin of the dies and like all the texture too!
Great idea! This will likely make a good read and reference.
Congrats on the book, Chrissy! I hope to snap up one copy for me!
Lovely card! I sure need to win this book!!!!!!!!!!!!
Super cute card!
Would be perfect for a childs room decor - very cool
LOVE this card! My daughter and I collect fairies, including stamps. Need to win this book!!
What an adorable image and I love the coloring. Can't wait to see the entire book
Love the colors you chose for your card. Congrats on getting into the book. This book is going to be a must have to help me with my coloring.
What a pretty card! Congrats on the book!
such a sweet card! Congrats on the book!!
Beautiful card! Can't wait for the book!
Awww, that is sooo cute!
Fabulous- you may be last on the hop but definitely not least- gorgoeus card my grandaughter would love it- hey I would love it- congrats on the book hope I win TFS
A really cute card. I wish I had the book in my hands right now. Your so talented!
Wow, congratulations on being published!!! How wonderful, but after having a look at your blog, I can see why!! Your coloring is very, very pretty!!! Love this card also, the color splashes off!! Amazing!!
I'll be sure to visit your blog more often and I'm curious to see what more will pop up here!!
Love, Wendy
(your newest fan from the Netherlands! ;-)
Hi Chrissy, Congratulations! Your cards are always fab, top class!!!
Hugs,
Lily
What a sweet card. I love your coloring and am hopeful I will win this must-have book. I'm just sorry this is the end of the hop!
Wow! Pencils, pens, and Stickles! So pretty! Thanks so much for sharing!
Your coloring ability is amazing! I love to "color" as my DH calls it, but I can't imagine reaching your skill level! TFS!
Love the sparkle!
Love the book too! I am definitely a reader, so much to learn!
A beautiful card and congratulations on the book
Amazing coloring! It looks like this book will be a sell out!
Great coloring! The book looks wonderful.
This book is what I've been waiting for the coloring is amazing.
Your pixie is simply awesome and enchanting. How long did it take to do the coloring?
What a sweet card!!! Thanks so much for an opportunity to win this fabulous resource!!!
Your stamped image is absolutely perfect for the sentiment you used! It's an awesome card! I can only hope, pray and keep my fingers crossed that I can some day be 1/2 as talented! Thanks for sharing!
Sue
the coloring on your card is awesome!
thanks for sharing, Pam
Lovely mixed media piece!!
Take care and STAY POSITIVE!!
Wow! What a fantastic card. Your coloring is outstanding and I love the different embossing layers as well as the other layers. There are so many different elements on this card to make it a wonderful card.
Fabulous card! I am dying to get that book.
Fabulous card! I am dying to get that book.
Wow what a beautiful card! You are oh so very talented. The book is on my must have list
Congrats on being associated with this magazine! Your coloring is just stunning!!
What a cute lil fairy! Fun card.
Sharon L
Congrats on being in the book. This looks like a great book... a must have for all stampers!
Wow your elf and mushrooms look so rich they just pop off the page! I love how the background is simple white with a hint of colour adding to the pop effect!
What a gorgeous card! I love that image. Congratulations on having 4 cards included in this must-have new book!
Truly a magical card - wonderful!
It has been so much fun checking out all of the blogs! I saw so many pretty cards.
very, very adorable card! Can hardly wait to see more.
What a sweet card--LOVE it!!! Beautifully done.
This is a darling card. Looking forward to learning new coloring ideas.
love the card and the book sounds awesome...congrats
Cute card. Congrats on making the book, and thanks for the chance to win!
What a sweet card...love your coloring!!
Am I too late? Hope not. The card is beautiful! Outa site!
Your card is beautiful.....all of them are. Congratulations to you.
Mary
What a lovely bright card!
Wow! You used a ton of products and I can't wait to hear how all of them were used. Thank you for sharing.
Wow! You used a ton of products and I can't wait to hear how all of them were used. Thank you for sharing.
This book sounds like it could be my new best friend! Oh random generator...pick me, pick me!
Such a whimsical card! And I love your coloring technique. What a great book to have.
Great shadows and shading causing an almost mystical appeal setting for this dainty fairy. Thank you for your creative input into this new book on "how-to's" for beginners like me. I am so excited to find this book is available! Debi
I love your beautiful card! So many pretty details with the layers. Can't wait to see the book in person!
DeniseB
love the textures, can't wait to see the book. great works!
Neat card! Loved it! Thanks for the chance to win this fabulous book!
huge congrats to you!! :) love this card too!!
Awesome card.
What is the name of the stamp used? It looks so nice! Totally adorable.
and oh yay today the candy winner I am so curious.
A beautiful card! Stunning image! Warmest wishes, Lesley
Post a Comment