I'll do a little review of the papers I use.
Neenah Classic Crest Solar White: Very good paper, 80lb weight, smooth. Great paper to use if you are on a budget. Blends good. Do not overblend because of the weight, or else it will bleed over the other side of your image lines.
Gina K Designs Pure Luxury: Excellent paper, 120lb, thick and dense, will not bleed through. A little more on the expensive side but worth the money. Bright white. Very smooth, excellent blending. Does not blend as fast (ink does not spread as quickly) as Neenah, but you will have more control of where the ink goes while coloring.
Couture Cardstock One Sheet Wonder: Ultra Smooth paper. 120lb weight. Thick...not as dense as Gina K so blending will need a faster hand. What I mean by that is you need to work a little faster because blending and spreading of the ink is faster once it hits the paper. More expensive than Gina K, but worth the money. Ink will not bleed through the paper.
Argo Wiggins Iridescent Cryogen White: Smooth, 89lbs, ink blends quick once it hits the paper, just like Neenahs. Shimmer finish so it if you like plain white matte, this is not for you. Excellent blending, but needs a quick hand due to lighter weight of cardstock. Will bleed through the paper. Careful not to overblend..
X-Press It Blending Paper: Smoothest of all four papers. 92lbs weight, so you will need a faster hand. Extremely blendable. Amazing to color on. Will bleed through other side of paper. Since it's a thicker than Argo Wiggins and Neenah, you will have a little bit more time to blend, before the ink spreads through the other side of your stamped image's line.
What's bleeding through?: Bleeding through is when you color on an image and you turn the paper over and you see parts of the colors seeping through the other side. This does not mean one paper is better than another, it just mean that the paper is less dense or thinner. It will blend quicker and gives a smooth overall blending of your colors.
Bleeding to the other side of the lines? : This means that if you over-blend or keep on coloring an area over and over, ink will run over the lines of your image and cause a color smear over the lines of where the image of your stamps.
Tip: When coloring, if you are planning to color an image with a small amount of space to lay your color, choose a higherweight paper (120lbs). This way you have less chance of a bleeding/smear of your ink pass the lines of your stamp image. The ink will not spread as fast as if it was on an 80lbs paper, giving you more control of where the ink will be.
These are the papers I use. I use them interchangeably depending on the image. Want to win a sample pack?? Just add your name to Inlinkz and I will send a sample pack of all 5 papers (plus an extra surprise) to one lucky lady. I will pull the winner Friday morning.










27 comments:
This is a fabulous way to try out what's there. Thank you for this opportunity! :D
I would love to try all of these. How generous of you to think of this.
How sweet of you. I love to sample those papers.
This was super of you to write, very helpful. I get overwhelmed by all the paper options, Love to try the samples.
Linda
wow what a great paper tutorial. Love it.
Oh really thanks for this chance to choose proper paper as I harrassed a lot for collecting my craft paper here in our city,always it is a hectic.
Thanks for the chance for a sample. I have been using the GP Image Plus 110lb white that I get from Sam's club, 250 sheets for under $7.00, I would love to know how other papers compare.
It is great to learn about different types of paper. Even better is to have the opportunity to try out this paper. Thank you for the opportunity.
Greetings from Germany Heike
Thanks a million!! for this information! I am just about to get Copic certified in a couple of weeks! great info to me!
Thanks for all the info on paper it's great to know before you buy:)
hugs Nikki C
Wow dit is echt super...dit is een waardevolle post waar ik veel uit kan halen...Ik ga wat opzoek werk doen wat er in België te vinden is, spijtig genoeg staan wij soms jaren achter op hobby gebied.
Dus waag ik heel graag mijn kans om deze papiersoorten eens uit te proberen...hartelijk dank Chrissy!!!
Veel liefs,Celia.
Thanks for the comparison! It would be nice to have a sample of all of them to try out! :)
Hugs,
Shirl
Thank you for tips!
I spend lots of time to find perfect papers.And I'm most happy with Winsor&Newton-gummed watercolor paper 300 gsm.
It gives great results when you water coloring images.
Thanks for the chance.
Hugs!
Sandra!
wow thank you for going through the different papers!!
Such a fab idea!!! I recently bought Copics and since we dont get all these papers here in Switzerland, this Candy gives me a great opportunity to try all. Thanks for giving a chance to win.
you're so helpful with these papers
i would love to try theme out
i don't own so long copic and use dcp paper and correspondence cards
thanks for the chance hun
yoú're so generous
hugs angelique
What a great post full of tips. I am dying to try the X-Press It and I am almost out of copic quality cardstock so I would love to win the sample pack and try some different kinds. I use PTI. :0)
Obrigada pela informação desses papéis, eu não os conheço. Ainda melhor é ter a oportunidade de experimentar este papel.
Beijos
Edilza Teixeira
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
What an informative post! Thank you so much!
Thanks for the great review! ;)
Chrissy thank you for the chance.
Chrissyxx
Thank you for the opportunity to participate! this role is suitable for Copics markers? good!
Thank you so much for taking the time to so clearly explain the paper differences - I really do appreciate it - it is very helpful for choosing the correct paper!!
TFS! This is a wealth of information!
Great info - though I think for me it is only easy to access the X-Press It - the others would mean an online purchase. Good to know however. BTW, so glad I found your blog - you are seriously talented!!
Great tips on which paper to use for coloring with Copics. You're so right.........we spend so much money on our Copics that we should get the best paper to use.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥
I have already bought so many papers, but I am not satisfied, can I ask you to send me a sample??? Before I order a package of this paper :)
I live in the Netherlands :)
kind regards Astrid
Post a Comment